Call for applications
Increased attention from both a national and European level has been given to the issues that Roma face today and several initiatives to eliminate these issues have been made. However, Roma still face enormous obstacles and the anti-Gypsysism and discrimination is unfortunately not only still existing, but even rising, in some parts of Europe. The European Roma and Traveller's Forum (ERTF) and its members are committed to the achievement of equal rights and equal opportunities for Roma in Europe, in addition to fighting anti-Gypsyism and discrimination.
The ERTF believes in a joint effort between Roma NGOs, activists and the European institutions to achieve the full realisation of the Romas human rights.
Therefore, you are kindly invited to join us and become a member of the ERTF, so that together we can make a difference for Roma all over Europe.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
The idea behind the ERTF was to create, for the Roma, an international body having close and privileged links to the Council of Europe, and at the same time, being the real representation of Roma.
The ERTF gives the Roma and Travellers and their NGOs the possibility to participate in and influence decision-making processes in issues concerning them, openly and officially on a European level, through its unique relationship with the Council of Europe in Strasbourg.
Furthermore the ERTF encourages and supports the joint effort between its members, giving them a vast amount of opportunities of knowledge-sharing, cooperation, transnational initiatives, etc.
JOIN US NOW
According to the revised statute the seven founding international Romani organisations: the Roma National Congress (RNC), the International Romani Union (IRU), the International Roma Women's Network (IRWN), the Forum of European Roma Young People (FERYP), the Youth Roma NGO "East Meets West" (EMW), the Gypsy and Traveller International Evangelical Fellowship (GATIEF) and the International Roma Evangelical Mission (IREM) are now responsible for the establishment and the management of the thematic working groups. Each International Romani organisation will be responsible for certain themes:
- Roma National Congress (RNC): Roma migrants, Asylum seekers, Freedom of movement, anti-Gypsyism, Political participation.
- International Romani Union (IRU): Roma language, History and Culture.
- International Roma Women's Network (IRWN): Roma women, Gender equality, Disabled, Elderly people, Children.
- Young People (FERYP) & East Meets West (EMW): Roma youth participation, Inclusion, Integration, Education, Social Entrepreneurship.
- Gypsy and Traveller International Evangelical Mission (IREM) & International Roma Evangelical Mission (IREM) :Travellers, Social Protection, and Religion.
Any local, national or international Romani NGO may apply for membership to the ERTF, and according to the individual interests of the NGO, it will participate in the working group of its choice.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any grassroots initiative, local/national/international Roma non-governmental organisation (NGO) from any of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
CONDITIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
• Being a Roma organisation; • Solid knowledge of any of the three working languages: Romanes, English and/or French; • Acknowledgment of the revised Statute, the ERTF Charter on the Rights of the Roma and the values and principles of the organisation.
HOW TO APPLY
YOU HAVE A QUESTION?